At Sacred Heart, All Are Welcome
The parish of Sacred Heart Catholic Church is a multicultural Christian community dedicated to loving and serving Christ through the guidance and love of God, and the inspiration of the Holy Spirit. Our faith community is committed to respecting all human life and nurturing the spiritual growth of all through worship, education and service.
- Ash Wednesday Schedule: Noon - Distribution of Ashes, 6 pm - Mass and Distribution of Ashes, 8 pm - Misa y Distribucion de Ceniza
- Fat Tuesday Pancake Fundraiser: The Knights of Columbus #8225 is hosting a Fat Tuesday Pancake Supper fundraiser on February 13th from 6pm to 8pm at the K of C House, directly across the street from the church (210 W 11th St. Elgin, TX). $5.00 per plate. Live Music by Rian C. For plate tickets or more information, please contact Brother Knight, Mark Ledesma at 956-493-3166.
- Project Andrew is scheduled for Saturday, February 17th, 2018, at St. Mary Cathedral in Austin from 10:00 am to 3:00 pm. The day will include Mass, Lunch, Prayer, presentations on priesthood, and an opportunity for men to meet priests and seminarians of our Diocese and find out more about the ministerial priesthood. If you are between the ages of 15-45 and are interested in attending, please call the Church Office.
- Super Bowl of Caring: Thank you for your donations! $476.41
- Diocese of Austin, From Ashes to Easter: The diocesan Ashes to Easter Lenten Mission Campaign begins on Ash Wednesday, Feb. 14. We invite each family to take a mission box home in support of the missionary works of the Diocese of Austin.
- World & Home Missions: Next week, we will take up the Collection for the Church in Central and Eastern Europe, Africa, Catholic Home Missions, Black and Native American Home Missions, Latin America. This collection supports the Church in over 25 countries that are still struggling to recover in the aftermath of communist rule. Funds from this collection support pastoral care, catechesis, building renovations, and seminary formation. Your support restores the Church and builds the future in this region. Please prayerfully consider how you can support the collection next week. More information can be found at www.usccb.org/ccee.
- 6th Annual Catholic Men's Conference: Sturday, February 17, 2018, 8 am to 4 pm at Saint William Catholic Church in Round Rock, TX. Speakers include Tom Peterson, Andreas Widmer, and John Pridmore. Tickets: Premium Tickets $100 - includes private lunch with speakers. Regular Tickets $45 in Advance, $50 at the door. Group Tickets available.
- Saint William Parish in Round Rock will host a Sweetheart Dinner and Dance on Saturday, February 10. Music will be provided by The Latin Breed. For ticket information, contact Julio Campos at 512-635-4707 or visit www.saintwilliams.org
- 2018 13-day Camino de Santiago/Fatima pilgrimage: Please join other Catholics from the Galveston /Houston/ Austin area to hike the Camino de Santiago along the countryside of Spain. This tour begins in Sarria, the most popular Camino starting point, covering the last 100km of the Camino Francés to converge on Santiago de Compostela with an additional stop in Fatima and Porto. There are spots available for the following 2018 dates: June 4-16 and June 25-July 7. If you are interested in joining this spiritual journey, contact Jane Lakatos at email@example.com.
- Preparation for Total Consecration to Jesus through Mary: In Fatima, Our Lady said, "My Immaculate Heart will be your refuge and the way that will lead you to God." Please join thousands of Faithful throughout our Diocese for 33 days of preparation prayer for Total Consecration to Jesus through Mary. Each day of prayer represents one year in the life of Christ. The prayers begin on February 20th and are done privately in our home using the preparation book. Please visit www.TexasToJesusThroughMary.org by January 24th to receive your FREE copy of the Montfort preparation prayer book. Your book will be mailed to you. Following, all are invited to collectively make or renew our consecration at a special Holy Mass on April 9th.
- The Wednesday Morning Bible study is beginning an indepth study of the book of Romans using Dr. Scott Hahn’s Commentary on Romans. Dr. Hahn is a well-known convert to the Catholic Faith, author of many books, renowned speaker, and brilliant theologian. His new book we will be using is entitled: Catholic Commentary on Sacred Scripture: Romans. All are welcome! If you plan on joining us, please check with Theresa Gonzales in the office about ordering the book for the study for you, or giving Melissa Janknegt a call at 512-791-6551. We have ordered 7 books and will need to know if we need to order more. Thank you! Please come check it out and join us on Wednesday mornings at 10:00 in the library in the Religious Ed. building.
- GUADALUPANAS: The Rosary is recited daily at 5:00 pm, lead by the Guadalupanas. Please join with us in reciting the rosary. The rosary is recited in the chapel except on Friday when it is recited in the church. See you there.