At Sacred Heart, All Are Welcome
The parish of Sacred Heart Catholic Church is a multicultural Christian community dedicated to loving and serving Christ through the guidance and love of God, and the inspiration of the Holy Spirit. Our faith community is committed to respecting all human life and nurturing the spiritual growth of all through worship, education and service.
NOTICE: Due to Hurricane Harvey, the Fiesta is postponed until October.
- New Fiesta Date: November 11 & 12
- St. John Paul II life Center: Celebrate life at St. John Paul II Life Center’s Life is Beautiful Gala on Friday, November 10, 2017 at the Hyatt Regency featuring Sirius XM Radio Host Jennifer Fulwiler and honoring US Congressman and Mrs. Jeff & Celeste Fortenberry. Tickets and sponsorships are available at jpiilifecenter.org or 512-407-2900.
- Father Rafael Rosendo Knights of Columbus Council 8225 will host a Pulled Pork Sandwich Plate (sandwich, chips & drink for $7 per plate) for our 2017 Fiesta King & Queens Court on Sunday, October 29th from 9 am until they run out.
- Garage Sale: Proceeds go to Elgin Sacred Heart Church Wayne Strahan - 104 Allison Cove - Elgin Friday & Saturday Oct. 27 & 28, 8:00 am - 12:00 pm. For more information or to volunteer to help with garage sale please contact Pete or Esther Bega 512-771-6545.
- St. Margaret’s Catholic Church in Giddings invites everyone to their annual Fall Festival to be held on Sunday, October 29th, at the Sons of Hermann Hall, 1031 Co. RD 223. The Dinner begins at 12:45 pm and an Auction at 1:45 pm with a drawing for Raffle prizes following the Auction.
- On Sunday, October 29, 2017 the Religious Education Program will be having their annual Fall Festival. We are in need of donations such as 2 liter sodas, cakes/cupcakes and bags of wrapped candy, PLEASE NO BUBBLE GUM. These items can be dropped off at the RE building on Sunday 10:30 am – 1:15 pm, Monday, Tuesday, & Wednesday 10 am – 1:00 pm, Wednesday 6:30 pm – 7:45 pm. your donation is most appreciated. Thank you! -RE Staff
- If anyone is interested in becoming a Guadalupana, please come and join us for the next two meetings on Sunday, November 5th & December 3rd at 8:40 am in the arish Hall If you feel the calling then you will be inducted at the Virgen de Gudalupe Mass in December. If you have any questions please ask a Guadalupana or call he President Rita Sanchez at (515)507-7006
- Project Rachel Retreat: Saturday October 28, 2017. Email Project-Rachel@AustinDiocese.org to learn more and register.
- Casino Night Fundraiser: Saturday, October 28, 2017 from 6:30-10:00 P.M. The St. John Neumann Knights of Columbus Council 10836 will host this special adults-only event at the parish. We’ll offer a buffet of gourmet appetizers and desserts to delight your taste buds. Bartenders will serve various cocktails and drinks. You'll experience Vegas-style mixed casino games overseen by professional dealers. There will be spaces for selfie pictures, prizes, seating, and information about the Knights of Columbus. Sponsorship and volunteer opportunities are available! Event tickets are $40 per person and they include 1 drink ticket. Visit our webpage at www.sjnaustin.org/casino-night to learn more.
- October is Respect Life Month! Keep filling those baby Banks and show your children how important it is to be involved in efforts to help unborn babies, women and families in need by sparing their extra change. Each time you add to your bank, your contribution helps. The Gabriel Project, Project Rachel, Sidewalk Ministry, Pro-life Help Life Line and much more! If you need one or for more information or to volunteer please contact the Church office at 512-281-3536
- Adoption Celebration Mass: All those who have ever made an adoption plan for a child, adopted a child, or those who were adopted are invited to celebrate National Adoption Month at an Adoption Celebration Mass that will be held Nov. 29, 2017 at 7 p.m. Rev. James Misko will celebrate the Mass, which will be in the chapel at St. Louis King of France Catholic Church in Austin, Texas. Anyone who has been touched by adoption or who has a heart for those in the adoption triad is invited to attend the Mass and give thanks for the gift of adoption and to pray for all those whose lives have been affected by it. Following Mass, which is sponsored by Sarah's Hope & Abraham's Promise Ministry, there will be fellowship and resources in the narthex. RSVP at www.adoptionmass2017.eventbrite.com. For more information, contact email@example.com or (512) 736-7334.
- Couples Infertility Healing Retreat: Couples struggling to conceive are invited to a Couples Infertility Healing Retreat on Oct. 28, 2017 from 9 a.m. to 7:30 p.m.! The educational and healing program, sponsored by Sarah's Hope & Abraham's Promise Ministry, is from 9 a.m. to 4:45 p.m. at St. Thomas More Catholic Church in Austin, Texas, followed by an optional Adoption Information Dinner Program from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. in the same location. Come for the whole retreat or just for the adoption information portion! Register by Oct. 23 at www.infertilityretreat2017.eventbrite.com. For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org or (512) 736-7334.
- SVDP Giving Tree: As preparing for our Giving Tree is a lengthy process, we are reaching out to our parishioners early to see if you are aware of any families with children that may be in need of Christmas gifts this year. If so, please provide the Name of the Head of Household, Phone Number, and the Number of people in the household on the sheet provided and place it in the box at the front of the Church.
- GUADALUPANAS: The Rosary is recited daily at 5:00 pm, lead by the Guadalupanas. Please join with us in reciting the rosary. The rosary is recited in the chapel except on Friday when it is recited in the church. See you there.